Saturday, March 12, 2011

Enzymes, dyspepsia, worms

I have been able to control residual symptoms of nausea with enzymes.  I was feeling sick after eating I wrote in my last post .. after visiting Dr Google I found out that I needed more enzymes to help digest my food which is consistent with not having a gall bladder... my age.. hashimotos etc.   This has made such a difference .. I had tried enzymes in the past but had not been able to tolerate them.

My face is more settled as well.  From the reading I have been doing there is suggestions that rosacea is related to digestive problems .. overgrowth of bad bacteria in the gut etc.  It seems to me that the redness and flushing has settled since hookworm therapy hooked in (so to speak) and that this has been further reduced by the enzymes.  So the lumps and bumps seem to be reduced by the combination of hookworm, enzymes and probiotics .. as well as a diet which includes plenty of raw foods.

So even though the rosacea is not gone ..  it is pretty darn good. .. at the moment.

Having said that, I think that if you have rosacea, and don't have gastrointestinal problems this may not be the answer.

The pharmaceutical companies and doctors have a lot to answer for!!  For dyspepsia you are prescribed proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) which suppress acid production in the stomach .. when often the problem is not enough hydrochloric acid and/or enzymes.  For me the PPIs coincided with a worsening of rosacea symptoms.

Such a relief to be able to eat fantastic healthy food!  I am really enjoying new season apples, blueberries, snow peas and carrots, jasmine rice, tomatoes .. I could go on!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you reminded me. Must go back on my pre-biotic (pro-biotics don't agree with me). All the best - Rob

    ReplyDelete